Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Make Your Writing Appetizing to Readers

There's nothing I like better than reading a suspense novel that you literally can't put down. The action is so intense that you are riveted to the pages, staying up late into the night in order to finish reading another chapter, or even the entire book. The plot grips you, despite being occasionally far-fetched and unbelievable. The characters, although shallow and one-dimensional, keep your attention as they combat seemingly insurmountable odds on their way to the story's thrilling conclusion.

The most enjoyable suspense novels, in my opinion, are those that take place in exotic locations. I am fascinated by stories set in Japan, or in Paris, or which use Caribbean islands as their setting, because by reading these books, I feel like I have traveled the world. The authors, if they do their job well, transport me to places I've never been. By reading their colorful descriptions, I stamp the passport of my imagination and expand my mind.

Read the rest of this article on Imaginary Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment